How to Connect to your Bank
You can connect your bank account to Finta via our partner Plaid. At this time, Finta only support banks within the US and Canada.
- Click on “Add Account” on the Accounts page
- Choose whether you want to add a bank account (e.g. checking or saving account) or an investment account (e.g. IRA or brokerage account). If your banking institution has multiple account types, then selecting either one will be fine.
- Search for and select your bank. If you can’t find your bank, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll work with Plaid to see if it can be added.
- Enter your login credentials and follow the remaining prompts. Finta will not have access to your log in credentials.
- If your bank uses OAuth to connect, you might be redirected to your bank’s website or app during this process. This is completely normal.
- Once you’re done connecting your bank account, you will see your new account on the accounts page.
What Happens After Connecting to a New Account?
Initial Data Fetch
After you connect to your bank, Plaid starts fetching data from your bank. Although Plaid tries to fetch the last two years of data from your bank, it’s up to the institution to determine how far back we can fetch data. The first 30 days of data should be available for syncing within 1-2 minutes, and the remainder of history should be available within the first hour. However, this may vary depending on the bank.
If you notice that transactions aren’t syncing for a newly-connected bank connection, wait another hour and try again. If transactions still aren’t syncing, reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
Automatic Data Fetching
Your bank notifies Plaid whenever there are new transactions, updated account balances, or new investments to sync. Plaid then notifies Finta which triggers an automatic sync to your destination(s). Some institutions send multiple updates per day while others send only one update per day.